We're really excited today at Forvo HQ about the release of our new app for android phones.
The app, which is available for download on Google Play, lets you listen to, learn and record pronunciations of words in over 325 languages.
With an ever increasing amount of traffic coming to forvo.com via mobile devices, we wanted to make the Forvo experience on mobile phones as good as possible. Regular Forvo users will note that much of the website's functionality is now available through the new app. Here are some of the new app's great features, which you can also see in our video below.
* Search for words and listen to word pronunciations from native speakers
* More than 3.5 million pronunciations available
* Compare different accents for the same word
* Listen to male or female voices
* Keep track of your recently listened to pronunciations
* Works with your forvo.com account
* Record pronunciations in your native language and help fellow learners
* Learn to pronounce properly in over 325 languages
* Powered by Forvo, the largest pronunciation guide in the world
Don't worry Apple fans, we're also working on an updated version of our iPhone app and will release it in the coming months.